Wednesday, October 5, 2011

baked vegetable salad

baked vegetable salad

Baked vegetable salad is great for this in-between-season time of year. Eat it hot or cold it’s yummy either way.

Pumpkin seeds are sprinkled on top. Many moons ago, when I was still a child, I was told by a cousin who is interested in alternative medicines that pumpkin seeds are a must have for healing scar tissue. It has just been one of the inane bits of information that has always stuck in my mind. I think of her and that piece of information whenever I eat pumpkin seeds. Strange. Do you have any similar quirky food association?

Want the recipe? Here it is.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great salad option for my home garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wheat, no dairy, no nightshades, plus loathe capsicum and cucumber ... do they count as quirky???? Love your salad minus the ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so yummmm. i have so many bits of information about food and herbs and flowers..stuck in my head from sister who studyied naturopathy years ago. it makes it hard to eat guilt free sometimes...but i like the little that i know at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.