A rainy day today in these parts.
There were times during the day when the small’s moods emulated the gloomy weather outside.
Not helped for the smallest of them all that he was taken for his eight week immunisation shots. Ouch. And not great for the older two to be stuck in a traffic jam for an hour in said gloomy weather. What is it with Perth commuters that at the first sign of rain they abandon public transport and head for their cars?
There were times when we managed to smile and laugh too.
There are some days just like that around here. A mixed bag so to speak. For my part I enjoyed hugging and consoling and laughing and joking too. Time is teaching me to relish it all. Some days I can, and being human some days I can’t. Today though I could, and I’d like to celebrate that.
That’s not to say though that at day’s end I am not totally knackered. An exhaustion that is difficult to describe.
So a few points to record (because at this point in the day I am struggling to construct sentences):
- baby O got his first library card before the application to register his birth was posted (and I think this is uber ace!)
- birth certificate arrived with spelling errors for both siblings. Phoned registry office to correct and was told to destroy incorrect copy – as if!
- was panic stricken opening letter containing new birth certificate supposing that it was in fact a speeding ticket – was so relieved.
- at child health clinic appointment baby O weighed in at 5.95kg and was described as a very sociable baby. He is indeed. Such a sweet natured and chilled out little soul.
- I was incredibly proud of my children’s behaviour this morning as I dragged them around the city doing errands. They were all trying so hard and listening so well.
- Ms. M is obsessed with birthday parties – particularly her own up coming event
- E.’s favourite Star Wars character is Darth Vader (and has told me that when he grows up he is going to be evil – I haven’t the heart to break it to him that his nature is too kind and gracious for such ambition)
- baby O loves his bath time.