Cut up and refashioned, using Ottobre patterns as a guide, into some new baby clothes for a thriving baby.
I haven’t sewn much with stretch fabrics. I figure using old t-shirts is an inexpensive way to practise and develop some skills. I’m pretty chuffed with how these have turned out – and already I have learnt loads – particularly about what not to do.
This was my first ever go at using twin needles. I can’t say that it was a great success. Before I’d even finished sewing the onesie I’d broken them. It would seem that the bobbin making a crunching sound isn’t normal so one should cease to sew rather than pushing on ahead in denial. Not to worry. Chalk it up as a lesson learnt. In the short time I did play there was some success. This neckline turned out okay.
… and now the cupboard is less three t-shirts.