Monday, October 31, 2011

top to skirt

 after

before

 

This skirt has been made using a shirt from the cupboard. A few Christmases ago my partner bought me a shirt that was not my style at all. You’d think after all this time together the boy would have realised that I don’t wear tiered frilly tops. Not that there is anything wrong with it if you do – it’s just not my style. I’m a plain and simple gal. Not a lot of tiz happening here. Not sure why the shirt stayed, maybe I didn’t want to hurt his feelings, maybe I was going to try and give it a go, maybe he lost the receipt. Who knows? It was sometime ago now. 

 

 

 

 

Ms. M

 

 

Anyway the skirt has been made for Ms. M using one of the frilly bits and pieces of denim from the off-cut/scrap box. There is a seam down the middle front and waist band because I didn’t have a big-enough piece. Do you think I should sew some buttons on or not worry? I’m in two minds.

It’s still a little big for Ms. M but not so big that she can’t wear it.  I didn’t like the top and I’ve got to say I’m not overly thrilled with the skirt either. I was rather worried about the black and white frilly bit being a bit to “old” for my gorgeous girl… but perhaps it isn’t too bad with a bright pink tee and crocs.

Nothing new was purchased in the making of this skirt. That’s something yeah?

5 comments:

  1. So cute & a great transformation!! I can only think of one piece of clothing my husband bought me, gosh i must have been 19, a pretty wrap around white linen skirt by Willow. It's gorgeous. One hit wonder!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea! It looks so beautiful on ms M :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and it looks great on her:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love repurposing and proving wrong the old adage "you don't get something for nothing." (Unless you count the labor... but usually that is also fun so...)

    Just discovered your blog and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks good! But I am thinking, add buttons to the top piece. I don't love that bit, & think some white buttons will tie it in to the bottom more. But either way it looks so cute on her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.