That was then, this is now:
After a month of doing bits and pieces, just little bits here and there, the cupboard is looking a lot better. The WIP box is looking close to overflowing so that is the focus of my creative endeavours at this time. Just trying to finish off a few projects that were started in order to clean out and use up bits and pieces that I’d been hanging onto.
This froggy shirt is the latest piece to be refashioned. I bought it for a dollar a while back because I just new that the frog print would be good for children’s clothes. The material is a lovely mid-weight woven cotton.
These froggy pants worked out rather well. They fit baby O well. They’re pretty cute and quite different to things found in the stores. I like that.
However I didn’t do so well with the little refashion t-shirt top. I now know that not all t-shirts are the same amount of stretchiness.
I made the singlet on the right first, but the shirt that I used didn’t have much stretch in it at all. I can’t even get it on over baby O’s head. I totally overcompensated with the second attempt (left) which was made from a different old black t-shirt with a lot more stretch. If I’d made the first singlet with the second t-shirt I think the result would have been perfect. As it is the second shirt will probably fit him for a couple of years! That’s value I suppose.
I think I’m actually starting to get the hang of it.
Good fit or not, my baby boy sure does look cute…
Now go take a leap over here where creativity flourishes.