Monday, November 28, 2011

rippling

rippling

The ripple blanket is growing. As I hook I ponder. Lots of things float in and out of my thoughts. I struggle to take my ideas as far as I’d like. The thoughts are racing at a pace that I just can’t keep up with.

A snapshot of my mind as I hook:

  • the ripple pattern written using music notation – the meter signature would be 4/4 time for sure.
  • shopping list – forgot to get cat food and dental floss today – must not forget next time near shops
  • how do DVD rental stores make money these days?
  • Dad
  • theories relating to the subaltern and The Help, a white author giving a voice to negro characters – is it problematic?
  • Asymmetrical reciprocity – need to improve my conceptual understanding
  • why didn’t Harper Lee write more novels
  • will it ever be possible for me to listen to a song produced by Phil Spector without being creep out.
  • what is going to happen with the European economy, if they’re in so much debt who actually has the money?
  • need to vacuum the floors tomorrow
  • I was young and caught in the crowd; I didn't know then what I know now; I was dumb and I was proud and I'm sorry; If I could go back, do it again; I'd be someone you could call friend; Please, please believe that I'm sorry. Does James really exist? If so, what did he think of Kate’s song?

7 comments:

  1. I've wondered that about Harper Lee too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mind is more blank when I crochet. My place where the mind races is in the shower. And I feel the same about the Help (though I haven't read it) and Phil Spector albums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get creeped out by mamas and papas songs now. I've started telling myself off when I find I'm singing along. God damn all those very talented people ending up so evil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the sort of bouncing my thoughts do when I am crafting...in spite of the cranked up (mostly 80s) music.

    That blanket is going to be beautiful, Sal. Such a gentle, relaxing colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder about James too, and how does Kate sing that song without crying. I would make a crappy pop-star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know Kate- but I am so positive that James is real. I hope he's heard the song!! I really love that song. I just google harper Lee- I never knew she was a woman. Anyway,
    Gregory Peck (who played Atticus in the movie) has a grandson named Harper after her! When Annie was in my tummy she was known as 'Scout' I still call her that every now and then. I haven't read or seen the Help, but I would like to. That blanket is awesome. And, I hope you thoughts of your dad are happy ones, not just all worry. Take care....glad to see other peoples head spaces can be as random as mine- thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mind often races too when I am crocheting, flitting from one thought to the next :)

    This ripple stitch is so effective and the colours you are using remind me of the beach.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.