Thursday, January 5, 2012

looking back looking forward

the year begins

Don’t you just love my Christmas present from E.. It’s the self-portrait calendar, not the apron. It’s hanging on the inside of our pantry door. Lots on it already!!!

So aside from a bumping first day to the year 2012 has been travelling along rather nicely. For the most part we’ve been getting on and having fun. Our usual caper – lots and lots of water play but mostly the pool and the new slip and slide since it is a bit tricker to get to the beach with three smalls. I’m not brave enough to go with three children on my own yet.

It’s time to set some goals for this year. Looking back at last years I might have been a tad ambitious, especially considering that I knew I was pregnant when I wrote the list…

2011 creative goals:

Crochet: hook something for myself to wear, a blanket for Ms. M

Sewing: make more things for myself, learn to use knitted fabric, have a go using a twin needle

Embroidery: keep practicing french knots and smock something!

Photography: do online photography course and spend more time learning about photoshop

Printing: get back into it!

Around the home: finish the native garden at the front of our house, paint the house, paint my bedroom, paint the lounge room. Blah! …oh yeah – and get a new oven.

Still I managed to get some things crossed off.

For 2012 I’m not going with the same format for my goals, rather this year I’ll carry over all the bits and bobs that weren’t crossed off last year’s list and add the aim of making something for myself every month. That means at the end of the year I should have twelve new things made for myself by myself. I’m worth it.

What about you? What are your creative goals for 2012?

10 comments:

  1. You are worth it. Mummys always are - it's just that we forget it sometimes. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so worth it!
    I think our trouble is always focussing on what others need but this year I would like to make more for myself also.
    Here's to a fab 2012.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job getting something crossed off last year! Was a rather full year I think. lol

    I like that you will make something for yourself! I should do that. I have all these ideas floating around in my head but it's all stuff for the boys! hmmm.... must think on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of 'carry over' goals. It means they were important enough to begin with the finish them up when you can. Twelve new things sounds brilliant. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, since my word of the year is "create" - most of my goals involve creativity!! Knitting, sewing, crochet, photography, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh & the best creative handmade thing ever, was your 3rd baby in 2011, you make ace babies!!
    Creative goals, we'll see after hand surgery, in the mean time, amazing what fun finding land & planning to build a house can be, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This year for me there will be more crochet, more cooking and for my creative side I am going to join the 365 project, which will involve taking at least one photo a day and posting on flickr, facebook and my blog.

    Considering my previous attempts only lasted for one month, this is going to be huge stretch for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say that was an ambitious list even for a non-baby year! Yes, it's good to mix in making for yourself in with making for everybody else. Have fun with that!

    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Sally! Sounds like a busy crazy time you had over Christmas...hope the holidays have eased into slow relaxing ones. I'm hopeful that this year is going to be a great one. . I love new years...
    Manda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did a great job ticking things off your list with three little ones and one of them a new baby. You are so worth that new wardrobe of clothes you are going to make, it will be so rewarding having new clothes you've made for yourself. Enjoy your new year and you get all those things crossed off the list. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.