Tuesday, February 14, 2012

a button heart

button heart t-shirt

button heart

on valentines dayA button heart for my girl on Valentine’s day.  Finally finished the pink cord pants I started sewing just before Christmas too.  All I had to do was put the elastic in the waist. I’m not sure what it is about finishing projects but I can get so close to the end and just stop. Strange. I’m clueless about what this means. Perhaps it is fear of rejection? Fear of failure? I’m guessing that I am afraid of something.

Ms. M looked super sweet today. We had lots of fun at the splash pad in the morning and then a great big round trip walk picking up her older brother from school in the afternoon, popping in at the library and shops before heading home via a park.

We’ve got a quieter day planned for tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, what a sweetie! Her handmade outfit is awesome. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shirt and pants.
    I think I know how you feel about the end of projects. I always need to have something lined up immediately after I have finished something I fall into some inactive hole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sally, great tee, i am a big button lover!
    carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks very retro in that outfit - the button tee is great, but I really love those pants. Glad you finished them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable outfit, what a stylish chicky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the button shirt and the cords....a great combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo of M! My button heart is still sitting there unstitched at home. I love yours, and I especially love that little stitched space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the button top, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a truly sweet idea, who doesn't have a jar full of old white shirt buttons. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! I've wanted to do little appliques on tee's since I first had my Miss 3. Never really tried again after the first epic fail. Do you use a stabiliser on the back when you sew on the fabric applique... if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.