Wednesday, February 29, 2012

the daily mug

the daily mug

This is my current daily mug. It’s from k-mart. Not fancy or pretty in the least. It is all scratched up now too. The inside is kept clinically clean… I can’t handle tannin build-up in my mugs, it spoils the taste of the tea. I do love the shade of green. My first two children had pea-pod green nurseries, so in that regard this little part of my day reminds me of precious moments past. Thinking about it now I am a little disappointed that this mug is no longer with us. The pieces are in the shed and with any luck will one day be incorporated into a mosaic.

Linking up with the new MPAYs hostess with the mostess Deb.

8 comments:

  1. I have a daily mug too that everyone in the house knows is mine. I like the green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting to see this mosaiced! cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your current mug. It's an honest straight foward mug.
    I'm curious how do you get rid of the tannin build up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute mug. My daily mug is any one of a number of thrifted vintage cups that I have collected over the years. Likewise I hate tannin build up and attack any stains with my trusty baking soda :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shade of green! I have a special mug too. I don't know what i will do if it dies one day! Tell me though, do you ever get to drink your tea/coffee hot from it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... NO! Not really... maybe of an evening but then I'm usually so tired I forget that I have a cuppa on the go and by the time I remember its luke warm. No matter, it has been so long I'd surely burn my tongue if I was to drink a hot beverage.

      Delete
  6. I have a special cup, well cups. They have to be just the right thickness for me to enjoy my tea....must go back to my pommie heritage LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice mug! Nice green too. I tend to change them up often, but my latest is a turkish tea glass... visiting from MPAY and the Lisette sew-along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.