Thursday, February 2, 2012

green

Oh my love, it's you and that I dream of
Oh my love, since that day
Somewhere in my heart I'm always
Dancing with you in the summer rain
Doesn't matter what I do now
Doesn't matter what I say
Somewhere in my heart I'm always
Dancing with you in the summer rain

It’s raining just now at my place. It smells so good. Nothing like a good downpour of summer rain. There has been more rain in Perth this summer than I recall any other summer. Today is actually a little bit like the summer days of my childhood in Sydney – overcast and sticky … but oh so good when it actually starts to rain. No dramatic torrential downpours like when we lived in Darwin though. You could almost set your watch to those and I don’t think anything will ever compete with sitting on the Rapid Creek foreshore watching the storms roll in.

green oranges

I digress. With any luck this rain will help green up the garden. It look a bit of a battering in last week’s heatwave… even so the young lemons and oranges are green and growing… ready to ripen and provide for next season’s fruit.

green lemons

Playing along with Vic. What’s green at your place?

7 comments:

  1. Ah, now I have that song stuck in my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song!

    Your oranges look huge! I planted my little orange tree in September last year and it has grown maybe 10 cms? Planted an apricot tree at the same time that was maybe up to my knee and it is now over 7ft tall. The orange isn't even up to my knee yet! Did I get a dud?? (Because you are now officially the orange growing expert!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had lots of lovely rain over the Summer too and the lawns have stayed green and the gardens look wonderful for this time of year.Your oranges and lemons look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, you're doing well! We don't have any citrus here yet. :(

    Thanks for joining in Sal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh what could be better than a bit of Belinda - on high rotation on my ipod when I run I have to say (along with some Bananarama - what can I say - I am a child of the 80's when it comes to music).
    You are going to have lots of lovely fruit to enjoy I think - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got that song stuck in my head now too!

    Your citrus is looking lovely and bright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. we had our garden trimmed just before the wet season and it is now growing gloriously, new growth everywhere :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.