Thursday, March 29, 2012

cutting out

cutting

Cutting out is my least favourite part of sewing. I like sitting at the machine constructing best of all (oh yeah and buying fabric – that’s pretty hot too!). Still it has to be done. The cutting out bit. This week I ransacked the grey room for winter materials in the stash. It is time to stash bust. No point just sitting on the shelves and in the cupboard. So this week and weekend I’m tracing patterns and cutting fabric. I’m going to be organised this winter. Ruly truly I am. OK – so that pink fabric in the photo is a little light weight but after that it is full on winter sewing for sure. Really!

Linking up with the creative crew.

7 comments:

  1. Cutting is my least favourite bit too. I don't mind cutting for quilts though- it's a bit different using the rotary cutter and a ruler though.

    Defo fabric choosing and sewing for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tracing for me - I hate tracing!
    Cutting comes second but at least you get to touch and play with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind tracing so much. I tend to sit at the table with the kids when they're colouring in and so there is lots of chatter and we're all busy bees.

      Delete
  3. unpicking has to be my least favourite & that frequents A LOT with my lack of experience!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bad news is that I think the amount of unpicking increases with experience due to overconfidence and "I know better than the pattern" syndrome.

      Delete
  4. I don't like tracing or cutting, love the sewing part though! I need to do some stash busting here too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that the whole cutting out and tracing thing is my least favourite part of sewing too - the preparation seems to take so long. I just want to get to the 'making' bit!! I'm also on a stash-bust, or at least I'm trying. Strange how you can have so much fabric but nothing that's quite right for the project you really want to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.