Saturday, March 3, 2012

fabric scrap goodness

Look what arrived in the post for me…

a beautiful bag of scraps

… a beautiful bag of fabric scraps.

I participated in Ninotchka’s Scrap Bag Swap. Such a great idea for a swap. I’ve dedicated a lot of time to going through my scraps over the past month, sorting, folding, reorganising and now I’ve even pre-cut lots of them into pentagons and 5” squares ready for future projects.

I received my heavenly bag of scraps from Jenny @ Mend and Make Do. Delighted. The bag itself is treasure. Look at the sweet button detail. Oooooo… makes me go all gushy. fabric scrap bag with button detail_01

Little touches are so so precious. Love. Love. Love!

the contents... heavenlybeauiful bits of ribbon

As for the contents within - fabric riches in abundance! Jenny put some real thought into the precious pieces she sent me. Whimsical children’s prints, vintage pieces and some glorious florals all wrapped with beautiful pieces of ribbon. Be still my beating heart – I’m in fabric love!

Inspired by all the fabric goodness I immediately set about making an appliquéd t-shirt for my Ms. M using one small piece of fabric goodness within.

blue bird t-shirt

Thank you with all my heart Jenny for such a lovely parcel. You made my day.

13 comments:

  1. I like your little bird. You've received some wonderful fabrics there. Other people's tastes are sometimes so inspiring. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like it! And love the little bird...looking forward to see more of your creations :) Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable. Isn't it amazing how someone elses scraps can become a little treasure trove?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scraps. Also I love the smarty-pants thing you did with the circles... Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh - wonderful fabrics - lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh you have been busy sally!! where do i start?? the bird...so sweet...the deer...even sweeter! the skirt, very stylish, the crochet circles, fabulous colours & what a lucky winner :)& you managed to bake. what a great week. thanks for sharing :) cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I do love scraps - and a scrap SWAP! Must have been living under a rock...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh what a lovely swap that would have been, wish I knew about that one! Look at your lovely new hoard of scraps! What a great range of new fabrics to play with.

    I love the bluebird on the red but how did Ms M react, is red close enough to pink for her?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! You really got lucky with your little bag of fabrics! Can't wait to see what you make with the sailboats. They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awsome swap! Wish I knew about it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. And she packaged them up so sweetly! What a nice parcel. Have fun with the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That scrap bag looks like good fun, what a great way to expand your collection. So perfect for small projects and applique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely parcel of goodies and aren't you fab putting it to good use already...such a cute shirt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.