Tuesday, March 13, 2012

in the laundry

laundry central

sunscreen, oil and softener taps washing powder
the dial up high the magic block

the machine

Our laundry. I spend way too much time for my liking in this room. I do load, upon load of washing most days. Strange really considering my beloved and I wear our clothes over and over again before throwing them in the hamper. How our children manage to create so much washing is beyond me. I bust a gut to try to minimise laundry – it borders on an obsession for me. If I fall behind then all the other cogs in the house seem to stop turning over, and all and sundry seems to back-up – like a domestic version of constipation!  I’m pretty lazy when it comes to stain removal. The beloved has started to offer advice but on hearing that if he could do better he could take over he pretty quickly shut up.

Linking up with the MPAY over at Deb’s place.

Ooops! I forgot to include the photo I took using my phone of my littlest man who discovered the laundry for the first time this morning. The very reason I remembered to play along this week. Baby O sure is on the move, and was wet head to toe seconds later when he discovered the cat’s water bowl.

look who found the laundry

13 comments:

  1. LOL, love it. Oh but what is that yellow cube on the shelf? It looks like a stain removal soap, very shrunk version though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, love the photo! Thank goodness it was just the water and not the cat food into the mouth instead! Nice tidy laundry, mine is ultra boring with no excitement at all, just a washing machine, a trough, a basket and two shelves with about 5 things total on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is insane how much washing the kiddos produce ;) I like your laundry, what a great workable space. Thanks for sharing.

    Why are small children so attracted to the water bowl??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sal Baby O is adorable, growing so fast, gorgeous ... I've gone all clucky ;)
    My washer & dryer's in my bathroom I'm a no laundry gal, so no post from me this week! See you next week at MPAY's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, you have a laundry! See how easy it is to impress me? I have always wanted a laundry (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sally,

    Mr O is really growing up. Our youngest used to love eating the dry cat food!!! Happy days and yes the laundry is a popular place when you have a family.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooh I just want to give those little cheeks a squeeze - what a cutey. No where's my kid, I'll squeeze her cheeks instead :)
    Amanda xxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat photos - you laundry looks so light and spacious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do the whole stain removal thing either...life is too short. When the kids were home I washed everyday but now twice a week if I'm lucky. Something to look forward to?

    ReplyDelete
  10. seriously my daughter goes through AT LEAST 3 changes a day !! !! washing it is the bain of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to think those laundry days would never end but all of a sudden I am down to only one child at home and I can now go several days without doing a wash - and it is far easier to keep tidy now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha Love it. I ironed my hubbys work shirts badly once, he complained, so now he does them every week!!!! Oh how life has changed - now get a slight thrill when I see the bottom of the washing basket!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with Megan and thank goodness it wasn't the cat food, its easier to clean up water! I seem to spend all my time in the laundry too, its the bane of all us mothers :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.