Wednesday, May 23, 2012

golly gosh blah blah blah

easy dinner

My my. The past week or so has been tough. Three sick children, all with different ailments, my energy levels drained to new lows. There hasn’t been a lot of sleeping. There have been a lot of tears, tantrums, moaning and groaning. A lot of laundry. An increasing sense of being overwhelmed as basic jobs such as shopping for the groceries are neglected. There have been lots of hugs and cuddles too. Moments of great pride as well – especially when E. was at PMH receiving his bee desensitation injections. There have been lots of easy dinners.

Many many sunny days …and yet sighing and lamenting “when it rains it pours” too often for my liking.

As I have been a bit preoccupied I’m yet to draw the winner of my giveaway – I’m still catching up on my life so I’ll leave the giveaway open until midnight Friday (WST) and then draw the winner on Saturday morning – if you haven’t done so already be sure to throw your name into the draw here.

9 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with easy dinners, well your anyway, and in fact I think we should hold you up as a champion. We all have rough harried and harassing days and the temptation to just order fish and chips is strong but how easy is it (and quick!) to do a simple boiled egg? Baked beans, another great nutritious fall back. I think you're an awesome Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! We had a couple of meals like this this week. Doesn't hurt! Eggs are good! Beans good. Peas good. It's not junk food... Hope they are all well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever used the online shopping option for your groceries? We did it through Woolworths the year after Miss Four was born and it was a real life saver - especially since the nearest supermarket at that stage was 15 minutes drive away. (We now have one 600m away - more convenient but also more problematic when it comes to those 9pm cravings for Magnum ice-creams).

    I hope you're all up and about again really soon. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you poor thing! I hate it when the kids are sick.
    Love easy dinners though! ;) Hope all is back to normal soon.
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The worst dinner we ever had was cheese on buns lol. Yours looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My life is all about easy dinners.
    anyway i hope things improve soon Sally xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eggs and baked beans! My boys would be 'tooting' all night with that combination! Hope things are on the way up for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with Tanya. You are doing GREAT.

    Do what you can to make it work. You know there will be a rise. It will come!

    I sure hope they get better real soon. If I lived close by I would have been at your door with a meal, setting a load of washing on and giving the house a quick vaccumm

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice to know im not the only one who resorts to quick easy meals when life is full on. my fail safe recipe is zucchini slice. 5 eggs, 1 cup sr flour, 1/4 cup oil, 1 grated zucchini & 1 garted carrot, chopped bacon(optional) quick mix, bang in pan cook 30 min. easy peasey :)hope the injections are going well. brave little boy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.