Thursday, May 10, 2012

pussy

Mother’s day is approaching. This afternoon I attended my son’s Mother’s Day afternoon tea with his class at his school and it did not turn out to be one of those heart swelling with pride moments, quite the contrary in fact. He is human, he wasn’t having a great behaviour day. It happens. I felt sad. He feels sorry. We’re moving on.

To lighten my mood I’m going to share with you a memory that will probably never be erased from my mind. It was the early 1990s and I was still at high school. It was a rainy day and so my mother had offered to give me a lift up to school. Lots of mothers must have had the same idea that day because there were lots of cars on the wet Sydney roads and it took more than one change of lights to pass through an intersection. There we were, mother and daughter, sitting in our white third generation Nissan Pulsar (c1988) the rain pelting down on the windscreen from above and the sounds of cars forging their way through puddles all around (because the roads in Sydney weren’t/aren’t very good). The radio was on. Chrissie Amphlett and my mother are singing, loudly, “I don’t want anybody else, when I think about you I touch myself, ooh I don’t want anybody else…”  It was awkward.

Twenty years later and I threaten to burn similarly awkward and disturbing memories on to my own precious cherubs… although I might just be lucky enough to get away with it since I’m pretty sure they think I’m singing along to a song about kitty cats.

Turn it up loud peeps… this is the song we rock the car out with on the school run as we drive the ‘burbs in our Mama wagon…


Lloyd - Dedication To My Ex (Miss That) ft... by

ETA: I just noticed that if you view the embedded clip through my phone the word “pussy” is changed to “loving” … I suppose Llyod is preparing for a radio release??? Anyway … here is a youtube clip with the lyrics as per CD we listen to in the car… that way you’ll get the full effect…

And another question… how come the same embedded code brings up a different clip if I’m viewing on my phone versus my computer. Strange? How does it do that???

6 comments:

  1. The thought of you singing this in the car with your kids cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH.
    Hearing you. My father used to sing along and add different words. Can't recall the song but the words were "I'm an arsehole" and Dad used to change them to "I'm and actor"!!!
    Happy Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that story reminds me of when I was really young and my dad took me to the movies to see The Big Chill having no idea what it was about. It was very awkward indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mother's Day, the pressure & hype, thanks for your beautiful comment on my blog about it too!!
    IT issues, don't ask me, i can't get any lyrics right, think Spandau Ballet "Sold" i learned this year, when they relaunched or whatever ageing rockers do, the song is called "Gold", i'm 37 & not even embarrassed as I'm so clueless. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha that's brilliant....we sing 'always look on the bright side of life' and the boys love the 'Life's a piece of Shit" line. I know they already think I'm strange Ethan tells me that the kids at school thing I am strange.....oh well I tell him he will be glad that me and his dad are different when he is older. I too cringed at my mums antics when I was growing up, seems like a rite of passage hey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha love it.... we always sang with our kids to and Mum (me) would sing really badly just for the laughter... and the song who let the dogs out... well Mum (me)would bark and howl out the window at the lights just as they would go green hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.