Monday, May 28, 2012

a scarf for a nudie

a knitted scarf

I’ve knitted a scarf!

My very first completed knitting project. I casted on, knitted to make a garter stitch and cast off. It ain’t perfect, its a wit wonky –  nonetheless I’m rather chuffed with it.

a knitted scarf (2) 

It is not a particularly large scarf. Actually it is rather a mini-scarf… but hey! – it still counts as my first knitted from go to woe project. It is for a little nudie. A little scarf to make him a little less nude.

For Christmas I made E. and Ms. M a doll each. The dolls were gifted nude as the sands fell through the hour glass a little faster than I’d planned. It wasn’t a big deal. E. and Ms. M are little nudists themselves… however in my mind I had thought that I’d have them dressed a little sooner than late Autumn.

Here is E’s doll hanging out nude. Quite the nudist contortionist isn’t he? E's doll

… and here he is looking rather less kinky and quirky in his new threads and knitted scarf. a knitted scarf & clothes (2)a knitted scarf & clothes

He could pass for being quite the conservative now me thinks. I’ve seen him at play so I know that he isn’t, but at least now he has a warm neck.

Ravelled.

16 comments:

  1. woohoo! Well done on your first knitted project! Good effort & for sticking with it! He looks nice & toasty warm! He's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is great! and the scarf is fabulous :) Good on you. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to see a newbie knitter just like me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed Sally and we all know that size doesn't matter ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great advice for a new knitter as it is a good practice project that is not too overwhelming. Really like the dolls, did you have a pattern or make them up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOO gorgeous! Love both the scarf and the doll! a perfect match xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always suspected that most conservatives are actually secretly nudists. :)

    You have done a fantastic job. Everything is super cute. The doll, the clothes, the scarf. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome effort sally :) love it, love it, love it. bet those nudies are pleased to be warm now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dolls are too sweet, whether clothed or not! And good on you for the knitting!! I love learning new things too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr Nudie Gymnast is pretty damn awesome Sal!! And his outfit suits him perfectly. Congrats on your first finished knitted item! How exciting, all uphill from here I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for knitting! He is so cool in his new knitted scarf.....good job he got some clothes for winter, too cold to be a nudist right now gymnast or not :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great little project. I have a dolly or three that could use some scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You crack me up. I like Master E's doll looks rather dapper now with his newly made clothes. He's ready for Winter now:) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a creative first knitting project, very cute. Well done! You told me you were knew to knitting now I believe you, I hope you've got the bug and keep on clicking those needles, great for those winter evenings. Maybe he needs a little hat too??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.