Monday, June 11, 2012

miserable monday

IMAG2092IMAG2095IMAG2098 

It’s not a public holiday here. It is raining. It is cold. It is scary crazy kind of windy. It is gloomy. I started the day grumpy. Who wouldn’t?

This morning as I stacked the dishwater I sang I don’t like Mondays over and over in my head.

I had hoped to be in the Nation’s capital this past weekend, but people had said that they were coming to Perth. That this weekend was the only weekend they could come… and yet in the end they didn’t come and I didn’t get to go. When I think about it I get cross… well I did. I don’t know exactly what it was that I have done but I’ve let it go. Easily. Well, easily now.  I’m a bit chuffed about that.

The day has progressed and I am no longer in the filthy mood I woke up in. There has been lots of sweet little moments, like a drive in the rain with the man I love, a visit to the warm and cosy library with my two smallest babes, watching DVDs from inside the tent we made with blankets, reading Spot books snuggled up with Ms. M on the couch, drinking hot chocolate with E. after we picked him up from school. The uneasy “it’s all too hard” poor me thoughts have been sent on their merry way, and I now sit my heart warm with love for my family. So lucky to have them to love, so blessed to be loved by them in return.

10 comments:

  1. So glad things turned around for you. People can be disappointing. Here's to a better rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no - that would make me grumpy too. Maybe we will both get to go to SIT next year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That weather certainly looks pretty crap. Aren't you expecting big storms tonight???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its hard to let it go sometimes - I certainly struggle with that! That rain wouldn't have helped. Been bucketing down over here too - bah humbug :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sally a shame your weekend didn't work out :( it would have been nice to see you in the capital :) so glad you saw some beautiful positives in your family. As much as I enjoyed SIT, I did miss my family & was so happy to give & receive cuddles once home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you were able to come out of the grumps. Don't forget to turn your upside down smile the right way up!

    Did you lose power for ages too? Seems like you've had quite the crazy weather! Hope the wind settles. I hate wind! May you waken bright & sunny tomorrow even if it isn't outside! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive been singing 'rainy days and Mondays always get me down' all day... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't a change in attitude the best! I love that we have control over how we feel - I just wish it was easier to let go of the grumpy feelings. Well done for turning your day around. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wondered where you got to but didn't want to hassle you in the lead-up!! So sorry you didn't make it this time, but I hope we get to meet up next year. Cass (fellow Swans supporter) and I have been hassling Sheridan to time it with a footy game, she doesn't seem likely to cave!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.