Monday, June 4, 2012

a pretty flower

crocodile stitch flower

crocodile stitch flower (2)

I’ve finished the latest motif for the crochet along that I’ve been partaking in. This is the first time I’ve ever hooked a three dimensional motif, it was so much easier that I thought it was going to be. Easy peasy even. Why has it taken me so long to give one of these a go?

Ravelled.crocodile stitch flower (3)

Now to wait for the next motif. Back to the white while I wait. Working on a Queen Anne’s Lace square at the moment which is all curly and twisted and I wondering if it will ever lie flat. Just have to wait until I get to the end round to find out I suppose.

I spent this afternoon at Megan’s place crafting and chatting away. So so so good to have adult company. Gotta love that. I was going to get going with my quilt for baby O but I forgot the dimensions I needed to cut the fabric to. Kinda important information. Not to worry. I sewed in all the ends of the white squares I’ve already finished.

Megan’s finished some uber comfy and cosy PJ pants and planned her next project. She’s hosting a giveaway just now too… so you really should head on over to her blog to check it out. Very cute.

13 comments:

  1. i loooove this 3D motif, you are such a clever clogs! gorgeous happy colours, too :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours & the 3d effect. very clever girl !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just gorgeous Sal, and I love the colours you've used !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I REALLY like that block - it rocks (ha ha like the rhyme clever or what!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really lovely. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty Sal, brightened up my cold Melbourne evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very gorgeous! Will show it to my Little Man who was sad today as there "was no sun" :( It might cheer him up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that flower, I can just see an afghan with all those flowers in neutral and brown tones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, the colour work so well together. That shade of yellow is especially pretty. And thanks for the heads up for my giveaway as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to make it.
    How can i do that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.