Sunday, June 10, 2012

sunday snippets

kids eat dinner at IKEA while I hook Ooops. Looks like I made the wrong size skirt. Poor body image or what?
Ms. M and her dadda @ Perth train station. Reflection of our car in the windows of the Horse Shoe Bridge
Lovely crocheted bag from Crafty Rie Taking in the seams of skirt... yet to try on because I am afraid that the skirt is still too big.

Linking up.

A big thank you to Marie @ CraftyRie for the awesome crochet bag. So beautiful. It will be used to store all the bits and pieces of hooky-projects I have on the go. Ms. M of course wants it for a hat… but too bad. It is all mine. Now to get organised with my pay it forward parcels… and the surprise prize for Cam – all of which when I finally get myself together will indeed be well forgotten and truly a surprise!

… and I am STILL working on May’s Skirt Sew-a-long. My sewjo comes and goes… but mostly goes…

3 comments:

  1. I don't understand why you don't get the same public holiday. Very strange!
    My sewjo has gone south for the winter... it must've joined yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean about the skirt! And I think I do agree that mistakes are part of the learning process (like you were talking about in your knitting post above). I guess I just get frustrated by the fact I make the same didn't-double-check, shoulda-thought-about-it-more mistakes over and over. But maybe coming clean about my crafting disappointment will help me to learn from my mistakes this time. And in the end, the good news is that I have finally realised that seeing we have so many doors that need draught stoppers,I can actually use the one I made on another door, and have another go for the hallway door! So maybe its a win all 'round?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The white piece looks so delicate. Lovely bag. Awesome reflection photograph.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.