Monday, July 23, 2012

craft when you can

Snippets on Monday this week. I was crashed out and bed ridden yesterday finally succumbing to the kidlets’ bugs. Still tucked up in bed now, but sitting up with eyes open. I’m on the mend. My partner gauges the severity of my illnesses by whether or not I’m up to crafting. Yesterday I couldn’t even hold a crochet hook in hand… so he was quite concerned and even more dotting and caring. I’m one very lucky lady.

awesome badge made by belinda for moi at brown owls yarn lover increases and decreases watching the footy
watching a Hulk telemovie from the late 1980s hulk mushroom pie
ribbing tortoise shoe eater

You never know when you might be out of action… so I follow the philosophy of craft when you can. Even if that means sitting in the car parked in the driveway while the children sleep. Especially good when you can text the mister to bring out a cup of tea. Loving the new car stereo with the iPod plug in too.

all three children were passed out and asleep in the back of the car an opportunity to get my knitting on. This project lives in the glove box ready for an opportunity my mister brings me a cuppa my creative space :)
 

13 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better now. I love that pic of your two snoozing in the back seat:) It looks like you've been knitting up a storm there, lots of things on your needles at the moment you must be enjoying your new craft:) I hope your week is a happy one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! drive-in tea service, awesome! wishing you a week ahead of good health. :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are slowly on the mend Sally which is great to hear. Everyone bar me were afflicted with the flu over the weekend but hopefully over the next few days they'll too be feeling much better.
    I totally get the crafting when you can tack, I do it often :)
    Enjoy your week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap! TOday I am still in bed but knitting - yesterday I was spent just getting to the loo!
    Hope you are feeling better soon, hoping I am feeling better soon too!
    But at least we are crafting from bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, hope your germs pass quickly and that the kids are getting better to so you can feel sick in peace! I loved seeing your little car cuppa craft happening on instagram, it made me smile. Very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you're feeling even better now! i did chuckle when you posted your car crafting adventures on instagram! love it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon,,,,crafting is a necessity of life to keep us "healthy" so hopefully you are back to it soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're feeling better soon Sally. These photos are fabulous - love the sleeping kids :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  9. feel well soon sally. love the take away cuppa in the driveway idea. is he on speed dial?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, yes, definitely have to fit in into the corners, the crafting! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I hate when I feel too sick to even knit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I do hope you are feeling better. I too know that I'm really sick when I can no longer craft. Like you, I try and grab any moment I can, because otherwise I just don't get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. {{{get well soon vibes}}}
    Cheerful badge, love the lettering. Hulk from the 80s? The one with Bixby and Ferrigno? Cool! Sweet picture of the sleeping kids and how sweet of your mister to bring you tea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. School pickup is the best for crafting. You get there early, get a good (any) parking spot and knit, crochet etc until it's time to go in and grab the princess. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.