Monday, August 20, 2012

getting grubby

getting grubby

*exhale*

Last week just got away from me a bit. Nothing in particular. I was tired. So very very tired. Children weren’t sleeping well. It was just a bit flat. So at the very last minute I arranged an annual leave day for the Friday (seriously people I have one of the greatest bosses ever!) and packed the children off to school and day care. It was just what I needed. A rest.

Re-charged and re-energised we spent the weekend getting grubby. We powered through the jobs that had been building up… most notably getting stuck into the gardening. Even baby O helped out!

10 comments:

  1. Getting grubby is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for taking some you time! I am a big advocate of such a thing. Mainly because I know I will need lots of it when I have kids so I'm advocating in advance!! Hope this week sails by a bit smoother and is filled with better sleeping by the whole household x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes needs must.

    I love the dirt picture.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, yeah. a great way to set up your week! love dirt. have a great day :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than getting a bit dirty with the little ones! Good for you taking a day to yourself, something I don't do nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A rest sounds wonderful. I left hubby in charge of the children on Saturday and spent several hours in the garden too. It was bliss. I got so much done working alone. As much as I love spending time with the kids in the garden, eventually Emerson just wants to be held and Cohen has two hundred questions that begin with "why." So it was nice to have some time and space to work and think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing beter than a day on your own to recharge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes there's nothing like getting your hands dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It feels so good when you power through jobs!

    You were VERY wise sorting an Annual Leave wish more mums gave them selves permission to do so. Amazing refreshing hey. I did the same yesterday and it was just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're feeling better this week!
    I love the photo, looks like lots of fun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.