Sunday, October 28, 2012

sewing for me

sewing for me

After a winter hiatus I’m back at the sewing machine. In desperate need of some summer tops I made this tunic using a voile that I picked up at spotty. Earlier in the year I had pinned a tunic in a similar (but not identical) fabric so I was thrilled with this fabric find. *sigh* BUT I messed up the sizing. This top is too large for me across the shoulders, so whilst I was thrilled with this tunic on the coat hanger it wasn’t really working for me when I was wearing it. I’m a bit past the slipping off the shoulder look, especially wearing maternity bras! No matter. There is a colleague at work who is expecting a baby in the summer and this top will be comfy and easy to feed in so I have already passed it on to her. I am still in need of some tops… so with any luck I’ll be back to the sewing machine soon.

10 comments:

  1. Oh what a bummer! It looks terrific! Such a shame you couldn't use it yourself! But now you have the sizing right the next 10 will be perfect! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRA KEEPERS...? If you stitch them into the neckline edge of the shoulders, the top will sit wide but it will sit still...? Tht top AND YOU look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top looks GREAT! I know what you mean about slipping of the shoulders thing. I sure hope the new lady loves it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How annoying! It looks great in the pic but I can imagine how annoying it would be if it kept slipping off. Oh well. Can't wait to see your new creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely self portrait...the top and colour look fab...but there is nothing worse than something not quite fitting right. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fab! Love the fabric and the colour. Total bummer about the sizing though. if it's any consolation, there is a tunic I have made a couple of times which is WAY too big in the shoulders. I end up making it 4-5 sizes (!) down and then stoill have to take in about 6 inches at the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work!! Love it!! Perfect colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer! It's great. I would be wrapped if I were your colleague. I'm sure the next one will be even better though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pity you had to pass it on..the fabric is lovely! At least you'll get to perfect the pattern for next time. I thought it looked great on you but I know slipping shoulders are really annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.