Saturday, November 24, 2012

intentions

So that I don’t forget what I was planning when I went fabric shopping online last night:

Angelica Zinc - Cameo

sorbetto top by collette patterns

I was thinking that this fabric would look lovely in the Collette Patterns Sorbetto Tank Top. Just now though I’m not so sure. I’m wondering how the offset circles will work with the box pleat down the centre.

In case you’re unaware this is a free pattern available here.

This Church Flowers fabric is intended for the yoke and hem band on this frock. I’ve sewn this dress once before and it is one of my favourites. So comfy. So cool and comfortable on the hottest of summer days.

Not sure what my plans are in regards to the central colour of the dress… would yellow be to much do you think? Maybe red would be better?

Church Flowers Green - Nicey Jane

stitch and save M5832

 new look 6674

 

Not sure which version of this dress I’m going to sew. Either way this beautiful floral fabric is going to look great as a wrap around dress.

Your thoughts?

Marilyn Blue - Dolce

There you have it. My intention is to sew myself three very much needed items. My summer wardrobe is very scant and that that I do have is in pretty poor condition.

And on the subject of fabric look what arrived in the post today. Yes today – a Saturday!

send maybelle to ellen auction

I “won” this stack of fat quarters in the Let’s Get Maybelle to Ellen Auction. I suppose it’s time that I stopped dreaming about making quilts and actually gave them ago. 2012 has been the year of learning to knit, me thinks that 2013 is going to be the year of learning to quilt. There you have it folks, another intention!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful intentions and beautiful taste as always dear Sally! I'm sure you will have no problem learning to quilt. You seem to have the creativity and perseverance to be able to tackle anything! Looking forward to seeing your quilts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That floral will look stunning as a wrap dress! Thanks for sharing the free Colette pattern, I am printing it out as I type. It will be perfect for Hong Kongs next HOT summer. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric pile is lovely. Go the quilt making! Another crafty endeavour to add your belt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've long had intentions of making a Sorbetto too Sally - did you see the variations done on the Seven days of Sorbetto last year http://www.sewweekly.com/2011/08/7dos-the-sunny-sorbetto/
    The florals are gorgeous - so fresh and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics are lovely! Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.