Saturday, November 3, 2012

temari

temari techniques

I recently borrowed this stunningly beautiful and overwhelmingly inspirational book from my local library. It has left me lamenting that there just are not enough hours in the day. So much glossy colour. So many delightful and intricate patterns. Oh my!

2. so much temari beauty

Imagine a Christmas tree covered in these baubles. Magnificent not?

 

3. temari blues

Temari sure would make an impressive gift for those people who seem to have it all at this festive time of year. Really would it be possible to have too many of these???

4. intricate pattern - out of this word beautiful

Alas – I might have left my run on making these in time for this Christmas a little late. After all there are gifts for three children to make, not to mention Ms. M’s birthday before hand.   

5. a temari ball in hand

…but without doubt learning the craft of temari is on the list for 2013!

Have you started thinking about crafty projects for next year? Or, unlike me, do you keep your head out of the clouds and firmly on what is currently at hand?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! They are amazing! Next year..I have no idea at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! they are stunning!
    and you're right, they'd make the perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this Sal - is it done freehand or with a needle to thread the cottons through each other?? Amazing - would love to see you make some up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I'm pretty sure I have that book on reserve at the library, looking forward to getting it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.