Tuesday, November 13, 2012

today…

I made gnocchi!!!

Today I lay in bed and finished reading my book while my partner took E. to school. It had been a rough night with baby O. so he treated me to a bit of a lie in and went into work a bit later than usual.

Today my small smalls and I tidied up outside a bit. Sweeping, weeding and clearing out all the red-back spiders that like to make the outdoor furniture their home.

Today we played hospitals with Susie and the other dolls.

Today we changed the sand and water in the play table and drove toy cars through the sand.

Today I made gnocchi. It was fun, not nearly as tricky as I thought it was going to be. It turned out really well. Very very tasty, like it does in restaurants and unlike it does in those air sealed packs at the supermarket.

Today I thought I had lost baby O. while picking E. up from school. My heart jumped into my throat until I found him.

Today all the children took delight in running over the sprinkler naked.

Today I took a bite out of O’s frozen yoghurt and ended up with a mouthful of sand.

Today I didn’t feel like fabric shopping, even though a sale was on.

Today I was happy.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I know that dreadful feeling when you can't see your little one, but thankfully you found him, the rest of your day (minus the sand )sounds perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sally,

    Gosh that Gnocchi looks so delicious.

    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gnocchi! It is so yummy and easier to make than you'd expect (unfortunately my lovely husband is not keen on it, so I haven't made it in years). And what a fright thinking you'd lost O! That would be such an awful feeling - I'm glad that despite that you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! All of it! Including sandy icecream! Just think of it as that grainy stuff that's been in the freezer way too long! Gnocchi is good. Stu makes it too. Bliss. Well done! Looks terrific! Glad O wasn't lost long. It's scary as all hell...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good day. Gnocchi looks amazing! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cool! I love gnocchi. I would love to have a go at making it myself. I made an awesome gnocchi bake the other day. I think it would be even better with homemade gnocchi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really yummy, Sally. Kids can be really scary at times. There's nothing like good weather, good company and good food to lift your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous post! Loving how the simple things, well except for you losing O, in life can make you so happy ... me too ;~) ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... but I found him... so it was all good :)

      Delete
  9. The best bit - Happy - most important.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I love gnocchi! :)
    Ick on the mouthful of sand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay to teh gnocchi! Boo to thinking you'd lost your wee one! Terrible feeling isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.