Thursday, December 6, 2012

arty aprons

creating gifts

My cherubs have been busy creating gifts for their grandparents using fabric markers. They had a fabulous time creating pictures to use on apron pockets and they’ve drawn pictures to use on home-made baubles too.  I’ve used duck cloth to sew the aprons using pattern pieces and instructions from Home Sewn Home which I borrowed from my local library. It’s a really useful book full of great ideas and simple instructions for things to make around the home. Me thinks I might borrow it again!

aprons for christmas

Not to be left out Toddler O. (formerly known as Baby O.) sat on my lap at the machine for much of the sewing action, and when he wasn’t on my lap he was under the sewing table playing with buttons and pins… and generally creating chaos.

Thanks to Dada Dave who helped out by modelling the finished aprons.

Today I hope to finish sewing the baubles and then it is off to the post office to get these gifts in the post, and with that there’ll be a great sense of relief that one more task is ticked off the list.

Linking up with other creative folk.

11 comments:

  1. wow! aren't these a great gift? may i ask where you get those nifty markers from? :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea!!! this reminds of the apron my hubby still wears which he made in year 7...it had a stitched pocket, but the idea of a drawn details is such a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - great idea! And perfect for little people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great job! Awesome family effort all round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH they are wonderful!!! Such a great idea! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! You are such a clever, creative Mum! Where do you find the time?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such gorgeous pics & a great idea on an apron. a lovely tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure those gifts will be adored Sally, thanks for your lovely words and continued support on my blog, even though I've been a little absent lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic job E and M did! I hope the grandies appreciate the effort they (and you) went to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super fun idea...i have purchased fabric colour in panels from Curlypops to do pressies this year. I am sure your grandies will love these. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.