Sunday, July 28, 2013

tangled

tangled

Life is all tangled at the moment.

Now in the final trimester of my pregnancy I have increased to full time work. I wake up in the dark at 0450hrs Monday to Friday and am in at the office by 0600hrs ready to start my working day. Getting into work so early means that I can make it to pick the ‘big’ kids up from school two days a week and get home in time to watch over homework and cook the dinner. The other days E. goes to afterschool care while M. and O. are at day care.

my desk my screen saver work vibes

Schedules are hectic, so many people needing to be at so many different places and appointments. So many jobs that need doing that are just part of the day to day and the extra tasks that need to get crossed off the list ready for the baby’s pending arrival.

Exciting times. Tiring times. Messy times.

off to see the princesses on ice

at the footy

Wrestling

It’s not all been hard work and chores though. Dave took Ms. M to see Princesses and Heroes on Ice, I took E. to his first AFL match* at Subiaco Oval and O. has been wrestling, riding and tickling his dada when ever he gets the chance.

this weekend

Today, after being stuck inside for much of yesterday with the most torrential rain we’ve had this winter we got out to a local farmer’s market and then on to a park for some fun in the sun. See my youngest child drinking the puddles… best water ever according to him. Why drink from a cup when there are perfectly good puddles outside?

There has also been some finishing on the knitting front too…

E. in his new jumper at the farmer's market

At the beginning of the school holidays I finished this chunky rolled necked sweater for E. It was such an easy knit. Must confess to really really loving knitting with the 6mm kneedles. Easy going for a tired Mama with a mushy baby brain. The plan is to go grab some more of this yarn and cast on an identical jumper for Ms. M. – but in pink …of course!

Ravelled.

* At three quarter time I asked E., who had seemed bewildered for much of the game, if going to the footy was what he had expected. “No” he answered confidently. “What did you expect then” I questioned. “I thought we were going to the cinema to watch the footy on the big screen!” he quickly replied.

8 comments:

  1. Oh bless. Love the perspective of a 6 yo.

    Gorgeous jumper Sal, I really do not know how you find the time. You're a weapon! E looks pretty chuffed with your efforts too.

    And I have to say, my cat would definitely agree with O. Puddle water (and shower water) are way better than any other water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! No wonder he looked so overwhelmed when we arrived at Subi!!!

      Delete
  2. I have to admit to being just a bit concerned for your hectic pace but that's life isn't it. I do Love E's jumper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only about eight weeks to go now until baby joins us on the outside... I'll go on mat leave in a few weeks but for now sitting at a computer in an office full of grown-ups just seems easier than chasing smalls about ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, full time is hard! But at least you know when it's going to end! Hoepfully it means you can have lots of time off with the family soon. I love the Dad and daughter and Mum and son outings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope you find some time to breathe in deep....you are such a trooper holding down a job as well.
    Love the knits.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds pretty intense! I am so impressed! All that AND you knitted a fabulous jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been thinking of you guys & wondering how you are getting on... not long to go! Love all the pics! Especially drinking out of puddles... lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.