Here is a collection of random points about now(ish)…
- milk $1/litre; bananas $3.90/kg; petrol c.$1.40/ltr; adult movie ticket $19;
- Tony Abbott Prime Minister (conservative party); Colin Barnet Premier of WA
- hot political issues: turning back the boats, repealing carbon tax legislation, only one female minister in federal cabinet, budgetary cuts to funding scientists
- #1 song in Australia: Roar by Katy Perry
- big brother E loves Skylanders & Phineas and Ferb. He also dreams of building a club room under the house that is accessed via a tunnel under his bunk bed.
- big sister M loves the colour pink, chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. It is not understatement to say that she is obsessed. She also really enjoys practising her handwriting.
- big brother O’s talking is really coming along, he has finally consented to wearing his floaties in the pool and is loving it, calls his dummy “me-me”
- pantone colour of the year for 2013: Emerald
- United States debt ceiling and Obamacare – federal government shut down
- Philippines largest typhoon ever – estimated that ten thousand people have died
- footy finals – Freo lost to Hawks in their first ever grandfinal the day before your birth
What do you think is note worthy about this particular time in the world?