Thursday, January 2, 2014

{bedside} a wee incomplete elephant and MJF

MJF & a wee elephant

I was hoping to knit my little Ace a wee elephant for Christmas. I didn’t finish it in time. I still haven’t finished it. The Christmas deadline marked the end of all creative mojo for 2013… like a crashing of symbols at the end of a symphony. I haven’t really been doing much of the creative kind since then (I’m not counting painting parts of the backyard fence as creative, nor is laying three cubic square metres of mulch). It will be finished. With any luck soon. He doesn’t strike me as the sort of fella who will mind. He is quite a laid back dude.

On Boxing Day I picked up Michael J. Fox’s Lucky Man – sat in my newly gifted banana lounge (thankyou my little Ace for such a thoughtful gift) and was so engrossed that the text was finished early the following day. It was a good read. A flash back to the 1980s, an insight behind the scenes of Hollywood, into a marriage, into choices, into universal insecurities. I enjoyed it. I’m not sure what I expected, I wasn’t surprised and yet it wasn’t predictable either. Having read it I am now yearning to watch some of his lesser known flops – no doubt I will when I find myself some time.

Do you have a favourite Michael J. Fox film? Or were you more of a Kirk Cameron fan?

I’m still considering the question myself… but I’m thinking that The Secret of My Success (1987) was my favourite.

Joining in with Ginny.

4 comments:

  1. I've always loved MJF. Must read....

    & love the blue. You'll get there - all in good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My absolute favourite is "Doc Hollywood". Lost count how many times I've watched it and I know I'll watch it again and again. Sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting read....I have the Marcia Brady actress bio sitting ready to read..I am sure it will provide similar insight into a tv show we watched as kids.
    Glad you have had time to put your feet up.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried lots when I read that book. My fave MJF of all time is Family Ties, and I also love the Back To The Future Trilogy( to name an actual film! )looking forward to seeing that sweet little elephant. I have a fox on my needles at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.