Friday, February 28, 2014

just a minute …in february

It was 2010 that I wrote my last JaM post. Reading back on JaM posts of old is such a great reminder of time and place. For the life of me I can’t remember why I stopped writing them... it’s time to start writing them again me thinks. So here goes…

Listening: to lots of Nova 93.7 in the car – not my choice of radio station but the kiddos love it. The older two continually surprising me with how many lyrics they know. I’m not good at recalling lyrics in the least – if I’m lucky I might get a chorus down, but frankly I am known for getting lyrics wrong, mashed up, just making up my own. For years and years I thought the lyric in Nirvana’s Smells Like Teen Spirit was “here we are now in retainers”. It wasn’t until I heard a cover by Tori Amos that I learnt the true lyric. Also listening to Avacii’s latest album, my partner scoffs but I like it.  I’ve also been tuning in on podcasts about the revival of knitting and social media, amongst others.

secret life of walter mitty (2013)via

Watching: movies that have been nominated for Oscar awards. Not a bunch of happy films that’s for sure and I haven’t even seen Philomena or 12 Years A Slave. In February I’ve watched American Hustle, The Dallas Buyers Club, and the Wolf of Wall Street. Also watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) – I think that’s my favourite flick for the month, the least favourite was Endless Love, but on the upside at least I didn’t have to pay for tickets as a friend won them from a radio station.

Knitting: a pink pullover for M, and still going with the little blue elephant for Ace. I’m stuck on the trunk. According to the pattern I have about four more rows to go before sewing it all together – but I have made a mistake so I need to tink… which I will do as soon as I can wrap my head around how to re-knit it.

Crocheting:  nothing much these days. It’s been ages since I’ve taken up the hook. I really want to change this.

virtù - shorts and trousers for my boysvirtù - sewing on  more cloth badges

Sewing: trousers and shorts for my boys. Some finished, some pretty closed to finished. Also sewed on a bunch of badges that had been hanging around for ages onto my blanket. Feels good to tick that job off the never-ending  list.

virtù - through the window

Playing:  peek-a-boo and tickles with baby Ace and hide and seek with my Ode. Love hearing my baby laugh – one of the sweetest sounds ever and hide and seek is particularly amusing with Ode who thinks if he can’t see you then you can’t see him. The big two are mad keen on drawing at the moment, that and “science” experiments.  Everyone is enjoying play-doh, its great to see all the children (sans babe of course) playing and making together.

Reading: Family Acts by Louise Shaffer. It was good,  a saga style novel. I wouldn’t rave about it, or necessarily recommend it, but at the same time I don’t regret reading it either. It was pleasant and engaging enough.

4 comments:

  1. that's a lot of badges! Well done on those & pants!
    Haven't been to movies in years so can't comment on any! lol
    It's lovely watching children play together. Glad they are having a great time. Drawing must be the thing. My house is covered in paper with drawings! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a copy of the secrecy life of Walter Mitty........everyone here loves it......my husband cellared it his favourite of all movies...something to do with wanting to stick it to corporate world I think....spoke to right where he is. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some lovely things happening :) Have only seen Dallas buyers club and thought it was an amazing story and the acting was outstanding. Hope you get to pick up the hook soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a pretty good February to me. All I seem to watch is endless reruns of kids movies but that's ok when it's Mary Poppins and The Labyrinth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.