Thursday, May 15, 2014

blergh

virtù - harsh times

I’m feeling a bit crushed just now. Hurt. My heart and soul are arching and I’m feeling scared and more than a tad apprehensive. What is happening to this nation of ours?  Are we still a nation? A collective group of people working and living together or are we simply components of an economy? To me it’s feeling a lot like the later these days, and even more so after this week’s Federal budget. I want to be more than an economic resources, a means of production, a cog in a wheel. I want to be a member of a community, a society where sharing and caring and core values.

Universal health care, education that can be accessed on merit rather than just wealth, nurturing our youth and caring for our aged are all important to me. Treasuring our environment and being generous through foreign aid are also values dear to my heart.

Am I on my own?

3 comments:

  1. Nah, you're not on your own. I'm trying not to pay attention to the news - I'm trying to hope that the government know what they are doing.
    So in the meantime, I'm going to keep going on as I can, trying not to waste money on unimportant things, grow vegies in my garden & walk to wherever we can. ... we aren't on a family budget, I'm just trying to live as 'small' as possible in this big world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The government have no idea what they are doing. Joe hockey is an idiot, comparing $7 to the cost of a packet of cigarettes, seriously it makes me feel violent rage. It's devastating what is being done to us. Devastating. The Chaplins in schools too... Seriously.? NO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No not alone at all....I agree with the girls...try and live a little simpler...give and be generous to others where we can....and try and not despair too much. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.