Wednesday, May 21, 2014

{yarn along} finished and folded + this is where I leave you

virtù - big sister sweater folded and ready for maevirtù - big sister sweater

A pink cotton sweater finished and folded waiting for M. This sweater is super simple and knitted up really quickly in the last moments of summer. Like so many of project I undertake it was then left for ages and ages and ages waiting patiently to be sewn together. Finally sat down and sewed it up this past Sunday. It didn’t take very long and frankly I rather enjoy sewing up knitted pieces with mattress stitch. Go figure why this final step consistently takes me so long?

Ravelled.

virtù - big sister sweater in the making

In those final moments of summer if I wasn’t outside enjoying the sunshine knitting then I was probably lying back on the banana lounge soaking in the glorious weather as I read Jonathon Tropper’s This Is Where I Leave You. I borrowed the book from our local library after seeing it on this list. So glad that I did. Perfect novel for those final summer days, a light and easy read that had me laughing out loud at times. Due for release as a movie at the end of the year, it was easy to visualise Jason Bateman in the lead role and there certainly is potential for a good rom-com chick flick.

this is where I leave you

Ah. Already I am longing for those summer days and we haven’t even officially started winter yet. On the sticks now is a much needed jumper for baby Ace. Loads and loads of rain this week so no more lounging about outside in the shade of the frangipanis, instead I have been curled up in bed wearing my new red and white polka dot flannelette pyjamas that I was gifted for mother’s day reading Philippa Gregory’s The Other Boleyn Girl for bookclub.

Linking up with Ginny.

6 comments:

  1. I'm putting the book on my Goodreads list now! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always starved for recommendations, thanks. I have read a couple of Philippa Gregory's novels in the past month and really enjoyed them for a bit of light historical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the read suggestion.....I have just finished "Cloud street" after your prompting....I really enjoyed it. I love picking up reads from other bloggers...so it is being added to my reading list.

    Love the colour of the knit....summer feels so long ago now but with the middle of the year nearly here already I am sure the next one will be here soon. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could knit Sally (and one day I'll learn), that pink jumper is beautiful.
    Btw, I haven't mentioned how much I love your Pinterest fashion board(?)! Actually it's the only Pinterest thingy I've looked at for more than a few minutes. I spent yonks looking at it one afternoon recently. Love your style! Just wish I could afford to purchase some of your choices...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a lovely warm colour, love it. and I've heard of that book... haven't read it but it sounds like a goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally, that jumper is great! And if it's any consolation I'm exactly the same with finishing things off - if I don't do it straight away it just sits in a corner for months. The Milo Vest doesn't need any sewing together (hint hint :-)). That book looks like my cup of tea, will definitely add that to the list, especially if a movie with Jason Bateman is comes out, I'm a fan of him! Mel x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.