Thursday, June 26, 2014

a high contrast cube, better late than never

virtù - ace grabbing his cubevirtù - a high contrast cube for my babevirtù - my ace with his cube

This black and white cube was suppose to be made for my baby Ace just after he was born.  It takes the first six to eight months of a baby’s life for his eye sight to develop, so high contrast toys are easier for little ones to see. Regrettably this cube was finished and gifted to the lad when he was already eight months, so the time when he could have got the most benefit from it in a visual sense had pretty much passed. The pieces of fabric had been cut well before his birth, and in the end it only took maybe an hour all up to sew together. It was so much easier than I thought it was going to be.  Now I wish I had got my act together sooner.  Still, he is enjoying chewing it, throwing it around and generally just checking it out so I guess better late than never.

                   

Playing along with Leonie.

6 comments:

  1. that's awesome! He will love throwing it around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea to do a cube in high contrast- lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting there and its still a hit! Neat idea Sally :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I didn't know that fact about baby eye sight - interesting stuff. Love the photos (as usual) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It might not be much help visually but I'm sure it will be a fun new thing to explore and play with. I didn't know that about babies vision either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.