Wednesday, June 25, 2014

{yarn along} joining it together + bridget jones mad about the boy

virtù - joining the CAL blanket

FINALLY! I’ve started to join the squares that I hooked  as part of a crochet-along in 2012. It’s going to be a very odd looking blanket, the squares are various sizes and I’m embracing the inconsistencies as I join them. I’ve named this project the Oddity Blanket. Day by day I fall in and out of love with it. The yarn that I had on hand to join them and make a border is starting to run out so I expect the project will be put on hold again until the next time the yarn is on sale. I’m in no rush. I’ve waited this long already.

I don’t think the finished blanket will be square or rectangular when its finished. Already one end is longer than the other. Do you think this matters in blanket? 

Speaking off things a little off balance and quirky, I’m reading the latest instalment of Bridget Jones’s Diaries “Made About the Boy”. Only a couple of pages in and already I’m laughing out loud. Got to say that I certainly do enjoy a flawed heroine.

   

Linking up with Ginny.

6 comments:

  1. I love Granny Squares and your colors are delightful. And we all know Grannies come in all shapes and sizes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Functional blanket is a good blanker :). Looking forward to seeing it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour combinations in your blanket. Who cares if it isn't perfectly symmetrical ;-) Plus blocking will probably help a bit too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to make a granny square blanket! Was it hard to make? I don't think it matters if one side of the blanket is longer than the other! The only thing that matters is if it's warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love the colours of your blanket! Looking forward to seeing it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog via the Yarn Along - I love the colours of your granny square blanket and seeing how beautiful it looks may even motivate me to finally push ahead with mine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.