Tuesday, August 26, 2014

my little superherO

virtù - up and up and away

It has become a bit of a tradition for me to sew superhero capes for my kiddos. Over the past couple of months I had noticed that O. was wearing his older brother and sister’s capes more and more as part of his play. Time for the boy to have one of his own. A special Mama made birthday gift for the most super three year old in my life right now.

virtù - it's super Ovirtù - super O flying

He loves it. So so so happy. He is my little superhero. To sew the cape I used the pattern that I drafted from an Enid Gilchrist pattern book when I made E’s cape back in 2010 and once again I used Cam’s superhero headband tutorial.

virtù - my little superherO

So much fun to be had on a sunny Sunday afternoon running up and down the verge as his Dada mows the lawn. There was a bit of impressive letterbox jumping too! A sweet childhood moment for sure. Watching him run and up and down the lawn over and over again my heart swelled with pride and joy.

4 comments:

  1. It is awesome!! Perfectly gorgeous cape and crown for a gorgeous superhero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tradition to continue. He looks pretty awesome and so so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is an awesome cape! Well done! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh just finding your blog! what sweet babes you have. i've been wanting to make a cape/headband set for a friends little girl and from my grandson (he's too little right now though). so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.