Tuesday, September 22, 2015

weekend past

virtù - odd tulip

This weekend past the family and I took a whirlwind trip to the nation’s Capital. It has been more than two years since I was last there, and that trip too was an overnighter. Before that it had been last century since I’d been to Canberra, back in the days when I had lived there as a uni student. Way back then, many many moons ago in the last millennium.

This past weekend there were some opportunities to visit some of my ol’ stomping grounds, this time with my children. Such a surreal feeling to be sitting in buildings, relatively unchanged, with my children in my utterly changed life. I don’t think my past self could have ever imagined what my life is like now. Just wouldn’t have been on the radar way back then. Odd. It was odd. Odd good, with a splash of odd sad.

There was lots of new opportunities too. For the first time I visited Australia’s National Museum. What a fantastic institution that is. I must say I lingered at all the exhibits relating to Western Australia. I’m feeling more than a wee bit home sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.